Not the most specific goals, but:
- School: Keep going? I feel like I’ve adapted to everything well and don’t have any serious changes to make.
- Violin: Practice. That’s it. Because these days just picking up the instrument is hard. Laughing/crying because I’ve basically given up on trying to maintain anything except the minimum needed to perform a halfway-decent Borodin SQ. (And the minimum needed to play/work through the Chaconne for ~study purposes~ as Pasha put it, but shhh let’s not go there.) I really see myself phasing out of relatively serious student mode and not taking lessons and just playing chamber recreationally next semester. I feel horrible about this (and contemplating selling my overly nice Bam case to afford a pair of Oly shoes WHO AM I) but it is what it is…
- CrossFit: Get used to 95# S2O this month; don’t scale your freaking cleans. Try not to let feelings re: this post get in the way of having productive training sessions (vague reference is vague. Also: work on processing and accepting that and talk about it with someone at some point)
- Food: eat more. Eat well. But eat more.
A. 2k row for time (9:17)
B. Hang cleans:
C. Metcon (12:24):
- 30 k2e
- 30 hand release push ups
- 200m run
- I THOUGHT I LIKED ROWING UNTIL I HAD TO ROW A WHOLE DAMN 2K. It’s not a lot. I know. I underestimated how hard it was going to be and went way too fast for the first 500m, then felt like my arms were going to fall off by around 1500. Stood up after I was done with v shaky legs…
- …which made the cleans feel terrible. Lol @ 95 feeling heavier than the multiple 115s I managed on Saturday.
- Metcon was good. Kept up 10 at a time on k2e and 15 at a time on push ups throughout. I was surprised that I got the best time of the group because k2e are my weakness (can’t kip to save my life) and I’m usually super slow on these kinds of things.
- 18 hours until WOD 1 of competition is released, will be updating my phone nonstop at lunch tomorrow.
"Itʼs hard for most athletes to see the light when they are deep in the valley. Fighting the bears and dragons in the deep, dark woods. Grinding it out day after day. Forgetting what itʼs like to be on the mountaintop. Most get to that point just before adaptation occurs then call it quits. Real growth, real adaptation is not possible without real pain. Adaptation is violent and ugly. And itʼs true what they say: Only the strong survive. Not strong of body; that will come. Strong of mind and spirit. Only those with the mental capacity to keep showing up, keep grinding away, will truly adapt."
Jasha Faye (via dragonsbarbelle)
Thanks everyone for your input re: macros/weight concerns. I’m going to try to get in a little more carbs and way more protein and see what it does. I got to around 75g carbs today and although that’s pretty low I could feel the difference as I’ve probably been getting <40 every day. As for protein I’ve gotten up to 180g by now (and dinner is yet to happen) I don’t think that’s healthy…oops?
Also I didn’t realize I was eating <2000cal a day. Amazing what counting things reveals. No wonder I’m back to 113, stupid.
Push press - find 1RM
- 35# - 65 - 75 - 85 - 95 - 105 - 110
- 115 attempt
Up 15# again, just like bench (makes sense as I tested those two within a few days of each other in June). I don’t know why I expected to hit 115 but just getting to 110 was bleh. (Insert attitude check talk from Scott here. Brb repeating ‘you went up 15#, nothin wrong with that’ to myself for consolation)
- 3 wall balls 20/14
- 3 box jumps 24/20
- 3 deadlifts 115/75
- 6/6/6, 9/9/9, 12/12/12, etc
6 + 24 RX (finished the round of 18 + 21 wall balls + 3 box jumps)
Quick and sort of easy? I love how light the 14# ball feels after throwing the 20# one up in the air last week. Jfc.
I’m already eating 2-3 servings of nut butters a day (yikes)…but I guess I could add more!
And yeah, I don’t feel underweight/deprived/weak at all, making me think my ‘set point’ could just be a little low. I’m going to try adding more fats and proteins for a while and see how it goes. Thanks! :)
Val already posted this, but this was good to wake up to on a Monday.
how do I food
Spewing nutritional concerns onto the Internet
I haven’t weighed myself in months, maybe over a year. I decided to check for whatever reason a few days ago and I’m back down to a wimpy 113 aka somehow I’ve lost a few over the summer while eating everything 24/7 and adding 20-30# to all ((most of)) my lifts.
Now I’m just confused because
- I need/want to be back up to a solid 120 by February, so logically I’m thinking ‘more food’ but it seems that no matter how much of the ~good macros~ I eat I either drop weight or stay the same.
- Or have I just reached a ‘baseline’ and things will start going up from here?
I guess one thing to do would be to continue eating a shit ton of protein and let my body do its own stuff but on the other hand BODY WHAT ARE U DOING
"Surround yourself with people who know your worth. You don’t need too many friends in your life; you just need a few who can see who you are, and appreciate your uniqueness and value."
Unknown (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
using frozen steak as ice pack
that works, right?
- 200m run
- 100 sledgehammers
- 50 K2E
- 100 KBS
- 50 pull ups
- 100 push ups
- 200m run
One person works, other holds med ball over head. W/ Miguel. 18:15. HOLY FOREARMS.
Ow. I don’t have any commentary on this. Just ow.